Welcome to CFTRE
The Canadian Foundation for Trauma Research & Education (CFTRE) is a registered Canadian charity created to further the understanding of the fields of neurobiology & psychophysiology, through education and research, as they pertain to the treatment of traumatic conditions. To this end, we are committed to conduct research and to train professionals in effectively treating people who suffer from symptoms of trauma and other forms of dysregulation in the autonomic nervous system.
- The Psychophysiology of Addiction and Recovery in Edmonton January 31, 2014
The failure to develop the capacity to self-soothe is a primary cause...
- Post Advanced V: Working with Addiction in Edmonton February 1 – 2, 2014 FULL
This new two day course will cover practical applications of Self Regulation...
- Academic Recognition for SRT Practitioner Training is now available through St. Stephen’s College, University of Alberta Campus
Starting in September 2013, Self Regulation Therapy Practitioner training can receive academic...
- The Use of Mental Imagery Reduces PTSD in Abuse Survivors
Survivors of childhood sexual abuse commonly report lingering feelings of being contaminated....
- Exercise Benefits Brain Health
Scientific evidence shows that physical exercise helps you build a brain that...